Cool Trekking Chiang Mai promotes responsible tourism and offers eco treks, non touristy treks out of the beaten track in the remote area of Mae Wang (South West of Chiang Mai, an hour drive). Don’t be fooled by what people call eco trekking, our responsible trek respects ethnic minority, flora and fauna. Our licensed guide is a native of the Hill Tribe village where you will stay with his family. Our guide likes to bring new small trees and plant a new one with his guests.
This Eco trekking is a private trek (only for you or your group)
Watch this short (3 minutes) trekking video :
- Enjoy the waterfall
- The greenery of the paddy rice field
- Presentation of the flora
- Karen culture and explanation of different Hill Tribe customs
- Sleep over night at the Karen village in locals’ houses
- No inflatable rafting, games or other gimmick
- No “recreational” outdoor activity – if you like this, check our other trek
- Nature exploration by walking and taking time
- Licensed native tour guide from the village
- Unforgettable, authentic experience
- Sleep at the hill tribe village in a local house
- Real eco trekking near Chiang Mai: you can plant new trees with the guide
- Meeting with the guide prior to start to determine the route following your hiking level
Eco trekking Program:
Trekking in Jungle of the wonderful Mae Wang Region
- Pick-up in your hotel in Chiang Mai (8h-9h).
- Stop at Local market to buy food for lunch and dinner time.
- Stop at Guide’s family, discover Karen culture and people.
- Trekking surrounded by rice field and flower agriculture, beautiful landscape and
- Take a rest near the river.
- Trek around 3h, stop in some villages and discover the Hill Tribe’s people and
life style. Presentation of local vegetables, flowers and plantation techniques in the region, White Karen culture and explication of different clothes of the Hill Tribe.
- Waterfall where you can swim and enjoy the view. Fresh air and good feeling
- Trek around 2h to get access to the traditional village where you will sleep during the
night, among White Karen people.
- Cooking, dinner and night in family house.
Eco trek Second Day:
- Breakfast at 8.30am.
- Trekking up to the panoramic view point, different level: small/medium/big.
- Lunch in front of the river.
- Take a rest and swim at the river (Extra options: Bamboo rafting or elephant riding).
- Back to Chiang Mai at 5-6pm.
- Transfer (private car)
- 1 breakfast/2 Lunches/1 dinner
- Tourist personal travel insurance
- Local Guide with English (licensed)
- Extra activities : Bamboo Rafting
- Spray against mosquitoes
- Extra: Elephant Riding or bamboo rafting on express demand
- Drinks other than water